The Church of Queen Louise in Königsberg was built in the Neo-Roman style by Friedrich Heitmann’s project in 1899-1901. The Queen Louise’s grandson German Emperor (Kaiser) William II attended the consecration of the church.
1 Prospect Pobedy, Central Park of Culture and Leisure
+7 (4012) 21 38 89
+7 (4012) 21 43 35
A house for confirmands and a parsonage adjoined to the church on the south side, both were similar to the church in style. The ruins of both buildings, which remained after 1945, were demolished.
The Church of Queen Louise was heavily damaged during World War II warfare; in 1947 the building was transferred to the Evangelic church. After the expulsion of Germans the building was used as a warehouse. The church building was renovated in 1968-1976 by the project of architect Yuri Vaganov. Since then a puppet theatre has been here. In the process of renovation in 1970 the figure of sitting Jesus Christ was removed from the west vestibule.