The parish church was built at the beginning of the fourteenth century, although the first mention of it can be found in 1482 only. It is situated near the Brandenburg Castle, founded by Marcgrave Otto fon Brandenburg on the bank of the river Frishing (now the river Prohladnaya) in 1266.
Ushakovo village, street Sadovaja, 2
The building of the church had a rich architectural design and consisted of a nave, a tower, apses (a semicircular barge of a building) and choirs. Above the lancet entrance to the tower there was a bas-relief with the emblem of Brandenburg, on which you can still see the vague letters.
The Comtur of the Teutonic Order Guenther fon Hoenstein was buried in the Kirch of Brandenburg in 1380. In 1633, the church was presented with two works of art. The first of them is a canopy in the form of a temple with thick Tuscan columns, which was donated to the church by Barbara Jordan. The second one is a hexagonal table for baptising covered with tin and having an engraved image of four Evangelists-a gift from Julianna Stolin.
During the fighting in 1945 the church was badly damaged. At present, only the tower without a roof is preserved (above the entrance to the tower there is a plate with the bas-relief of the Brandenburg emblem); and the Northern and the Southern walls are almost completely destroyed.
In 2003, excavations were carried out near the church, but no valuable things were found. In November 2010, the church became the property of the Russian Orthodox Church.