Kaliningrad, Kashtanovaya alleya street - Mira avenue
The pond was created in early 20th century. The original name of Zwillingteich (‘The Twins Pond’) was given to it because of its unusual shape: it consists of two nearly equal parts, connected by three channels. The pond was renamed to Poplavok (‘Float’) in 1949. However, the unofficial colloquial name of Bread Lake has been much more common, since there was a bread shop near the pond. A reconstruction was carried out here in 2013-2014: pedestrian bridges were restored, the banks were strengthened, and benches were installed. A boat station and a summer café should appear hear in the near future.