Sculpture of Elk in Sovietsk
Sovetsk, Lenin square
Sculpture of an Elk in Sovetsk, the work of German sculptor Ludwig Fordemayer, installed in Tilsit in 1928 in the park on Teatralnaia Square. The bronze figure was a gift to the city from Prussia’s Minister-President Otto Brown. Fifteen years later, the monument was transferred to the city park, and in the early 50’s of the 20th century it was taken to the Kaliningrad Zoo. On May 20, 2006, the elk was returned to Sovetsk.