Church of St. Bruno in Chernyakhovsk
Lenina street, 17
+7 (40141) 3 62 64
During World War II, there was an infirmary here, young priests and seminarians served as medics. Since 1945, a part of the territory adjacent to the church (between the present-day Lenin and Sovetskaya streets) with the buildings located on it was transferred to a military unit. The building was used as a warehouse of military property. Of the three bells, one was preserved (in the late 1980s, transferred to the Orthodox Church). A significant role in the revival of the church was played by enthusiasts from the Association of Representatives of Culture and Art of Chernyakhovsk and the Deputy Chairman of the City Executive Committee N. S. Ksenofontov. In the early 1990s. the building was taken over by the department of culture of the administration of Chernyakhovsk, which began collecting funds for repairs, later on it was supposed to equip a concert and exhibition hall. In 1993, at the request of the Catholic community of the Chernyakhovsky district, the city administration transferred the building to the Roman Catholic parish of St. Bruno. The Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church, restorers from Gdansk, residents of Chernyakhovsk, Catholics from Germany, Poland, Italy, the Moscow archbishop assisted in the restoration of the building. The organ of the company “Vzaskaunt” was established in 2000. The restored church was consecrated again in 2002. In addition to services, it hosts concerts of sacred music, festive events in the framework of the City Day, as well as Days of Lithuanian, Polish and German Culture.