Königsberg roller mill. L. Steinfurt AG Carriage Factory
Pravaya Naberezhnaya, 15
+7 (4012) 91 69 62
To the east of the repository there is L. Steinfurt AG carriage factory.
Arndtshtrasse / Holsteiner Damm 89 – 103 Vagonostroitelnaia Str.
Founded in 1830 by Leopold Steinfurt, the machine factory and foundry later produced mainly railroad cars. Since Weidendamm’s original factory territory became too small, in 1903/04 there was a transfer of capacity to a more convenient area, to which railway tracks fit the north, and the Pregolya River flows to the south. (In 1910, the new plant was generally ready). In 1930, the 30,000th railway car was produced. At times, the company employed up to 1,200 people. As the old aerial photographs show, factory workshops at different times were often built from very small building forms that corresponded to the production needs of the time. Large workshops with uniform design stood only in the eastern part of the factory territory. Steinfurt AG was a leading enterprise, in particular, between the two world wars, in the construction of apartments and houses for its employees. This is particularly evident in the construction of the Ratshof settlement. After the war, the plant was relatively quickly restored. At the same time, they resorted to the same division of territory as in German time.