By Car 坐车
The Kaliningrad region has a developed hard surface road network. The majority of the roads do not comply with the broadness standard accepted in Russia; moreover, they are notable for their tortuosity. The speed on most of the roads in the Kaliningrad region is limited by 70 km/h (not 90 km/h) because of the trees growing along the roads and posing a serious threat. The exception is the highway “Littoral Ring”, the main part of which has a speed limit of 90-110 km/h. This highway is still under construction, but most of it has already been put in commission and represents a ring next to the coast of the peninsula of Kaliningrad. Without going through settlements, it has branches to Hrabrovo airport and the main towns of the coast.
Major roads are the following:
- the Littoral Ring: Kaliningrad-Hrabrovo-Zelenogradsk-Pionersky-Svetlogorsk-Yantarny-Baltiysk-Svetly.
- A-229: “Kaliningrad-Znamensk-Chernyakhovsk-Gusev-Nesterov-Lithuanian border” (then towards Vilnius and Minsk).
- A-216: “Kaliningrad-Znamensk-Talpaki(road fork with A-229)-Bolshakovo-Sovetsk-Lithuanian border” (then towards Šiauliai, Riga).
- “Kaliningrad-Zelenogradsk-Rybachy-Lithuanian border” (then towards Klaipeda; goes along the Curonian Spit, environmental fee is charged).
- “Kaliningrad-Ladushkin-Mamonovo-Polish border” (then towards Elblag and Gdansk).
- “Kaliningrad-Bagrationovsk-Polish border” (then towards Warsaw).